Here’s a word for Wednesday–
Ponder this word for a minute. According to dictionary.com, “simple” means:
- easy to understand, deal with, use, etc.: a simple matter; simple tools.
- not elaborate or artificial; plain: a simple style.
- not ornate or luxurious; unadorned: a simple gown.
- unaffected; unassuming; modest: a simple manner.
- not complicated: a simple design.
But the concept of simple is so much more than its dictionary definition–and so much less.
If you want to really live life, then keep it simple.
Be content. Want less. Let go of more. Declutter both your space and your life. Learn when to say “yes” and when to say “no.” Practice simple living.
It may take time to figure out how simple actually works. It’s a countercultural act of defiance. It is gift. Simple is a way to live, a way to be that has the capacity to set one free.
Sounds simple, right? Unfortunately, it isn’t so easy. But have faith. Try it. Practice it. You’ll get it. You will learn. It’s as simple as that.