Whew! TGIF! It’s a quiet, snowy night in south-central PA, and I am thankful for many things. Here’s five of them:
- I’m thankful to be content with what I have. In fact, I have way more than I need and am constantly seeking to pare down my possessions. (Here’s an article from MyMoneyBlog about how American homes have increased in size since 1950. Could it be we need more room for all of our stuff?)
- I’m thankful for the opportunity to watch a movie at home on Friday night with my spouse. (Last Chance Harvey…have you seen it?)
- I’m thankful for the opportunity to travel to Tennessee to see my parents, cousins, and friends next week.
- I’m thankful that just last week my spouse and I saw a gorgeous rainbow while we were out walking the dogs. What a treat in February!
- I’m thankful that my oldest daughter is coming home in less than three weeks!
Life is full of surprises, both good and not so good, but each day brings new opportunities. One can make lemonade from lemons and craft a life from the fragments of hopes and dreams. It’s never too late to have a good day, dear friends. It’s never too late to have a meaningful life. Be happy! Count your blessings. Speaking of rainbows, if you’re having trouble counting those blessings and seeing the sunny side of life, click here for a song to make you smile. Have a good weekend.
Photo by Urban Wanderer used under Creative Commons License. Thanks!